ELF110-Space Wk7 Part B
About 1 hr
We are building a base on Minmus!!! We are going to mine it for fuel, so we need to find potential landing spots. We will do this with an unmanned probe
From the KSP Main Menu click:
- Resume Saved
- Enter VAB
- We are building a probe that will need to get into a polar orbit around Minmus with; A relay antenna, an M700(mount on top), a narrow band scanner, and a heck ton of power and solar.
- You may want to use your nuclear engine. it does not need oxidizer, halving your fuel weight, and is incredibly efficient.
- Consider Mammoths or Twin Boars for your bottom stage
- Don’t get on the same orbital plane as Minmus. We want to get into a polar orbit, not an equatorial one
- Get into a roughly polar orbit between 25 km and 100km
- Perform orbital scan
- Increase your cut off until only the most ore rich areas are lit up
- Check your narrow band scanner while in warped time and get more info
- Go back to KSC.
- You’re Done 🙂